Have you found the text “laptop plugged in not charging” in your laptop? How do you feel when finding it? Some people might be so panic and think that their laptop was damage. They also went to service center to get repair. But if the condition happens to you, please don’t be panic anymore. Sometime you just need to calm and then search for many tips to solve this problem. Here the information for you about how to fix laptop plugged in not charging.
Why laptop can’t be charged?
There are some causes that make a laptop can’t be charged. Before you know the tips to solve laptop plugged in not charging, you are better to know the causes of it to know the right tips to solve the problem. These are some causes that make laptop can’t be charged:
- Overcharging. It happens when you charge your laptop continually when the battery in full mode.
- Charging the laptop when there are remain battery. It makes the charger work hard. For example, when you charge the laptop in 50 % battery, it means that you charge it from 1 %. Sometime the condition makes the charger or system of your laptop become damage.
- Using a laptop during charging. It makes there are 2 energy being used and make your laptop release the heat. When the heat released continually, it makes the system of your laptop damage or disrupted.
How to fix laptop plugged in not charging
After knowing the causes of this problem, you can avoid the causes above in the future. Then, if you experience the problem now, you can follow the tips below:
- The simple method is restarting your laptop. Shut down your laptop, and open the adapter and the battery. Set it again to the first setting, and try to use adapter. Check whether your laptop can be charged or not.
- The second step you can do is checking the battery of your laptop. You can open it to know whether there are dirt on it. If you found it, you can clean it and set the battery in the right position. You should also remember when you get the laptop. If you get it long time ago, your battery may be lower than the first time you get it. So, you can buy the new one.
- The third step you can do is checking the adaptor. You should use the adaptor that comes from the same company where your laptop produced. You should also check whether there is a damage of the adaptor or not. If you found the damage, you can buy the new one to make your laptop can be charged again.
- The last step you can do is reinstalling your driver. Open Device Manager, click “Batteries” tab. Search for battery entry, and then enter “Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery”. Uninstall your driver, right click and press uninstall. Check the changes of it. Open the action tab and press “Scan for hardware changes”. Reinstall your driver, and then the process will detect battery automatically and reinstall the driver.
Those are some information for you about solving laptop plugged in not charging. You can follow the tips above to solve your problem. By following the tips above, you can solve the laptop plugged in not charging and then enjoy your time when using your laptop.